About CCC + CCCAction
The Center for Community Change is committed to help build powerful and dynamic movements in diverse communities to create meaningful change. With our grassroots partners, we build the power and capacity of low-income people and communities of color to make significant policy changes in their lives.
Our focus areas include jobs and wages, immigration, retirement security, affordable housing, racial justice and barriers to employment for formerly incarcerated individuals.
For a more detailed description of our organization, please go here for CCCAction.
The Administrative and Technology Support Specialist, on the Reinvestment Team, is a high-level team position offering specific expertise and support around the use of technology and software to ensure the most effective mechanisms for both internal (within the Reinvestment Team) and external (emails and meeting support to partners) communication. In addition to this expertise, the Specialist will provide general project support to Reinvestment team members when needed.
This position reports to: Reinvestment Team Senior Program Manager
- Support virtual/digital communication both within the team and with partners, including Mail Chimp (or alternative), Zoom and/or other meeting and webinar systems.
- Partnering with the Data and Technology Team, develop, implement, and maintain a database for the Reinvestment work, ensuring integration with the overall CCC data tracking efforts.
- Research and test different modes of technology and software that can be used for interactive communication with the field.
- Assist with capacity building with field partners so they are able to make the most use of digital modes of communication.
- Provide overall administrative support to the team.
- Train team members and field partners on new technology and digital communication.
- Assist team members to effectively integrate technology into training and leadership development work.
- Monitor program expenditures; work directly with vendors and consultants to make budget recommendations. Facilitate communication between program staff and finance staff to ensure program is in good financial standing.
- Provide campaign support to senior campaign staff in the Reinvestment team, including program budgeting, logistics planning, mailing, material preparation, etc.
- Represent CCC in a professional manner with members and staff of CCC partner, allies, and funders.
- Actively participate in campaign and program team meetings.
- Provide remote and on-site support for key organizational events and meetings; coordinate meetings, capture notes, conference calls, and travel.
- Work closely with other campaign staff to make recommendation to improve administration systems.
- Ability to travel and provide on-site support for program and campaign events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in executive support, administration and/or project management.
- Experience in using various forms of technology and digital tools to promote effective interactive communication, such as Zoom and Mail Chimp.
- Ability to develop and conduct engaging and concise training for team members and partners.
- Experience in conducting research and producing reports.
- Experience with budget management.
- Experienced in event planning and travel logistics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in database development and software.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to travel.
- Proven record of reliability and timeliness.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to record and transcribe notes.
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels both in and out of the organization
- Must be able to communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely and in a timely manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain and respect confidentiality.
- Commitment to CCC’s mission and values.
Salary & Benefits: $55,000 – $65,000; CCC offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and an excellent benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of vacation; paid leave between December 24 and January 1; 403B retirement plan plus an additional 8% employer contribution to a Money Purchase Plan after six months of employment; and a choice of health insurance plans, some that are at no cost to the employee. This is a full-time, temporary campaign position.
Closing Date of Position: Open Until Filled.
How to apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter that includes salary expectations and at least two writing samples to [email protected] or fax 202-387-4892. Applications without all required documents will not be considered.