About CCC + CCCAction:
The Center for Community Change is committed to help build powerful and dynamic movements in diverse communities to create meaningful change. With our grassroots partners, we build the power and capacity of low-income people and communities of color to make significant policy changes in their lives.
Our focus areas include jobs and income, immigration, affordable housing, racial justice and removing barriers for formerly incarcerated people to employment for formerly incarcerated individuals.
For a more detailed description of our sister organization, please go here for CCCAction.
The Center for Community Change is looking for a summer intern on our Communications Team. The intern will be focused on learning from and providing general media relations support, including building press lists, keeping up with influencers, and assisting with press outreach for events. We are looking for a student or part time professional with a passion for social justice, community organizing and multimedia storytelling. This is an opportunity to join a creative team of celebrated community leaders, steeped policy gurus, savvy media geeks and nimble tech wizards.
Key Responsibilities (with training and direction from Communications Team staff):
- Strategize audience development and engagement plans across social media platforms.
- Assist with press outreach, including call downs and pitches; track coverage for events in D.C. and in the field.
- Create compelling content about issue campaigns or events, such as op-eds, photo galleries or video stories.
- Build and/or maintain existing press lists.
- Research and maintain influencer outreach database; strategize outreach pitches.
- General research and other duties as assigned.
- Applicants should have Media Studies/Journalism/Communications/Marketing/Film experience, preferably enrolled in a college or university program.
- Passion for social justice issues and community organizing.
- Commitment to the collaborative processes of production.
- Strong communications and organizational skills.
This position reports to: Senior Media Specialist
These internships are for the summer of 2018. Scheduling is flexible and determined based upon the intern’s availability and course/exam schedule. A transportation stipend of $1500 for the entire internship is provided to offset commuting costs. The internship can be used for academic credit in accordance with a curriculum specified by an institution of higher education.
This position is located in Washington, D.C.
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter telling us why you’d rock this internship, a resume and three writing samples. Applications without all required documents will not be considered.