About Win Justice:
Win Justice is a collaboration between the Community Change Action, Color Of Change PAC, Planned Parenthood Votes, Service Employees International Union, along with our state-level affiliates, partners, and political committees. We have formed a groundbreaking coalition to win key elections in Nevada, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Florida. We will engage, organize, and mobilize voters of color, young people, women, and union supporters.
Our shared vision is to build permanent power through durable and meaningful community organizing. The strength of our collaboration is in our organizations’ deep capacity on the ground, brand strength, positive vision and values, history of collaboration and trust, and track record of engaging voters at scale.
The campaign director will oversee and coordinate all functions within the project, including field, communications, and coordination with national partner organizations. This is a full-time temporary position, with benefits, that will last through January 2021. The position is based in Washington DC, but there is flexibility for the right candidate, and will require significant travel. This position reports to an advisory board of the four partner organizations.
Overall National Campaign Management and Partner Coordination
- Coordinate overall strategy development and execution for the 2020 field and communications program at the national level and in targeted states.
- Facilitate decision making processes among the four national organizations to move the work forward.
- Manage or supervise national staff, state directors, consultants, and vendors in executing overall plan.
- Manage a digital and social media engagement program to develop new leaders and create network effects for our targeted voters.
- Analyze data to guide campaign decisions.
- Manage and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and guidelines.
- Manage overall campaign budget.
- Participate in implementation of the fundraising plan as needed, working in coordination with Executive and fundraising teams to secure financial support from political donors.
Develop and Implement State Campaigns
- Oversee the development and implementation of state campaigns working through the State Directors.
- Work with State Directors in developing and implementing state-based campaigns, including hiring and managing state-based staff and consultants, setting ambitious but realistic goals, managing to those goals, and managing state budgets.
- Build and maintain existing relationships with national partner staff and state organizations and oversee an integrated plan to leverage existing infrastructure and innovate where needed.
Managing National and State Campaign Communications
- Develop strategic communications narratives about targeted voter groups; work with core national partners’ communications teams to inject narrative into media at the state level and with national outlets.
- Work with core national partners’ communications teams and in-state partners to develop and execute coordinated strategies for message development, earned media, and issue advocacy that is integrated with voter field work.
- Oversee research plan and message development process to craft compelling issue-based communications to motivate targeted voters, working with field and communications teams.
- Support the efforts of partner groups to drive national political narrative with coalitions, donors, electeds, media, other thought leaders; coordinate activities and press opportunities with coalition partners.
Applicants for this position should bring the following experience, knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
- Candidates should have at least 7-10 years of experience running and working on political campaigns, ideally with both candidate and issue advocacy campaigns at the state and national level, and experience managing a staff.
- Knowledge of, and relationships within, local and national progressive organizations and the ecosystem.
- Passion for electoral politics and strategy.
- Demonstrated success in coalition and movement building.
- Familiarity with and openness to different approaches to grassroots organizing and electoral work.
- Strong facilitation and active listening skills, ability to create an inclusive environment and build consensus.
- Effective written and verbal communication, proactively ensure all parts of the campaign are communicating with each other.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse groups and people.
- Strong data analysis and data management skills including ability to produce and interpret reports.
- Experience and competency in managing staff, including remote management.
- Strong command of numeracy skills, including budget management and grasp of mathematical concepts.
- Self-motivated, independent, willing to work long, flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Good communication, writing, and administrative skills.
- Familiarity with reporting and metrics.
- Strong commitment to social justice and social change.
- Willing to travel with up to 50% of their time.
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills and / or experiences:
- Deep experience living or working in Latinx, black and / or immigrant communities.
- Spanish language fluency including written and verbal interpretation.
- Brings a deep knowledge of or experience in reproductive health, immigration and/or criminal justice issues.
- Wants to revolutionize paid field into a movement building tool. Our work doesn’t end on election night, we are identifying, and building leaders who can carry our work and our movement into the new year!
- Has worked with and managed complex stakeholder relationships and coalition tables.
Salary and benefits: This is a full-time temporary, exempt, position. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Timeline: The position begins immediately and continues through January 31, 2021.
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations and a resume.