About Win Justice:
Win Justice is a collaboration between the Community Change Action, Color Of Change PAC, Planned Parenthood Votes, Service Employees International Union, along with our state-level affiliates, partners, and political committees. We have formed a groundbreaking coalition to win key elections in Nevada, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Florida. We will engage, organize, and mobilize voters of color, young people, women, and union supporters.
Our shared vision is to build permanent power through durable and meaningful community organizing. The strength of our collaboration is in our organizations’ deep capacity on the ground, brand strength, positive vision and values, history of collaboration and trust, and track record of engaging voters at scale.
The National Field Director will oversee statewide electoral field campaigns in four states and manage Win Justice state directors, in coordination with the Win Justice National Campaign Director, with state and national partner organizations, and with other Win Justice staff and leadership.
The position is based in Washington DC, but there is flexibility for the right candidate. While this position would typically require significant travel, our work is being done virtually until travel is determined to be absolutely safe. This position reports to the Win Justice National Campaign Director.
Manage National Field and Partner Coordination
- Lead overall field strategy development and execution for the 2020 voter contact program in Win Justice targeted states.
- Coordinate with national leadership, state directors, consultants, and vendors in building and executing overall voter engagement plans.
- Supervise Win Justice state directors.
- Maintain regular communications with in-state teams on performance to goals and set up a feedback loop of timely information with state and national teams.
- Facilitate setting up experiments, sharing learnings and innovations across states.
- Manage a digital and social media engagement program to develop new leaders and create network effects for our targeted voters.
- Manage and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and guidelines.
Oversee Development and Execution of State Campaigns
- Oversee the development and implementation of state campaigns working in coordination with state directors, state partners, and national Win Justice staff and leadership.
- Support state directors to hire and manage state-based staff and/or consultants.
- Support state teams in developing winning, data-driven state field plans, setting ambitious but realistic goals, and managing to those goals.
- Support voter contact experiments and apply learnings from the results.
- Analyze data to guide campaign decisions.
- Manage and stay within the national field campaign budget.
- Allocate resources across multiple states.
- Establish accountability systems in the field to ensure that campaign goals are met, including regular debriefs and assessments.
Support National and State Campaign Communications
- Develop strategic communications narratives; work with core national partners’ communications teams to infuse narrative into media at the state level and with national outlets.
- Work with core national partners’ communications teams and in-state partners to develop and execute coordinated strategies for message development, earned media, and issue advocacy that is integrated with voter field work.
- Oversee message development process to craft compelling issue-based communications to motivate targeted voters, working with field and communications teams.
- Support the efforts of partner groups to drive national political narrative with coalitions, donors, electeds, media, other thought leaders; coordinate activities and press opportunities with coalition partners.
Applicants for this position should bring the following experience, knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
- Candidates should have at least 7-10 years of experience running and working on political campaigns, ideally with both candidate and issue advocacy campaigns at the state and national level, and experience managing a staff.
- Knowledge of, and relationships within, local and national progressive organizations and the ecosystem.
- Passion for electoral politics and strategy.
- Demonstrated success in coalition and movement building.
- Familiarity with and openness to different approaches to grassroots organizing and electoral work.
- Strong facilitation and active listening skills, ability to create an inclusive environment and build consensus.
- Experience managing successful digital and social media engagement programs to connect with targeted voters and develop leaders.
- Experience with Relational Organizing tools (Outvote, MyRVP etc preferred)
- Effective written and verbal communication, proactively ensure all parts of the campaign are communicating with each other.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse groups and people.
- Strong data analysis and data management skills including ability to produce and interpret reports.
- Experience and competency in managing staff, including remote management.
- Strong command of numeracy skills, including budget management and grasp of mathematical concepts.
- Self-motivated, independent, willing to work long, flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Good communication, writing, and administrative skills.
- Familiarity with reporting and metrics.
- Strong commitment to social justice and social change.
- Willing to travel with up to 40% of their time, if and when it is deemed safe to travel.
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills and / or experiences:
- Deep experience living or working in Latinx, black and / or immigrant communities.
- Spanish language fluency including written and verbal interpretation.
- Brings a deep knowledge of or experience in reproductive health, immigration and/or criminal justice issues.
- Wants to revolutionize paid field into a movement building tool. Our work doesn’t end on election night, we are identifying, and building leaders who can carry our work and our movement into the new year!
- Has worked with and managed complex stakeholder relationships and coalition tables.
Salary and benefits: This is a full-time temporary, exempt, position. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Timeline: The position begins immediately and continues through January 31, 2021.
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations and a resume.