About CCC + CCCAction:
The Center for Community Change is committed to help build powerful and dynamic movements in diverse communities to create meaningful change. With our grassroots partners, we build the power and capacity of low-income people and communities of color to make significant policy changes in their lives.
Our focus areas include jobs and wages, immigration, retirement security, affordable housing, racial justice and barriers to employment for formerly incarcerated individuals.
For a more detailed description of our sister organization, please go here for Center for Community Change Action.
CCC’s donor database is central to the management of relationships with its foundations and individual donors. The Donor Database Manager (DDM) manages all gift entry and acknowledgments, and will maximize the fundraising and marketing potential of the donor database through accurate and effective management of donor information and relationships. The successful candidate will ensure an exemplary level of data integrity in Raiser’s Edge.
A portion of time will be spent doing work for CCC’s sister organization, the Center for Community Change Action.
- Be fully familiar with and manage the day-to-day operations of the Raiser’s Edge fundraising database, ensuring that it operates to its full potential to maximize income.
- Creates, updates and maintains data structure for Raiser’s Edge, including but not limited to: effective set up and maintenance of database codes, accuracy of donor and prospect names, salutations and contact information, maintaining accurate soft credit and pledge input, maintenance and reporting.
- Keeps constituent files within Raiser’s Edge clean and up-to-date by checking database against external registers on a quarterly basis.
- Provides accurate and timely reports, queries and data exports for fundraising campaigns purposes.
- Ensures that all grant agreements are accurately tracked in the database inclusive of report dates, program officer relationships, payment schedules, and project specific notes on funding.
- Produces the yearly annual report donor listing in timely, streamlined and accurate manner.
- Ensures that all other Raiser’s Edge database users are appropriately trained, kept up-to-date with procedures and retrained as and when required.
- Supports colleagues by investigating problems and recommending solutions relative to any and all database functions.
- Regularly communicates with the Director of Development to ensure that she is aware of any issues relative to data integrity and donor needs.
Financial Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for timely and accurate gift entry and revenue tracking including but not limited to: check receipt process, wire transfer gifts, stock transfer gifts, ensuring accurate and daily gift entry, posting daily entries to the General Ledger in Financial Edge, and weekly data audits of the outside donation processing company
- Responsible for generating accurate, timely, and appropriately worded acknowledgment letters for all donations.
- Maintains a strong electronic and paper filing and tracking system for gift and pledge documentation.
- Manage the relationship with the donation processing company, ensuring that gift entry is timely and accurate, and that the acknowledgment process is working seamlessly. Ensures that no backlog develops and that during the month all batches are processed daily. Performs regular audits and checks on our donation processing company.
- Serve as the liaison with the Finance team for: financial adjustments when necessary, weekly and monthly reconciliations, and all other financial reconciliation processes as necessary.
- Updates, produces and distributes daily, weekly, and monthly revenue reports to all appropriate parties including updating the weekly Joint Dashboard.
- Assists with the preparation of reports for the organization’s annual audit.
- Minimum of four years direct experience working with the Raiser’s Edge database, with a preference for candidates with experience working with Financial Edge.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to organize information and data and perform detail-oriented work with accuracy/timeliness/completeness.
- Knowledge of the practices and principles of fundraising and/or prior experience with fundraising operations required.
- Demonstrated experience with donor database analytic tools, queries and reports and other advanced database analysis functions.
- Experience with Microsoft Office a plus.
- Proven experience in effectively communicating with donors and funders via in-person interaction, phone, email and regular mail is preferred.
- Ability to work with multiple staff within the Team and throughout the organization. Hands on experience working collaboratively with a Finance Dept. recommended.
- Strong telephone and verbal communications skills as well as solid interpersonal skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Supports the broad goals of the Institutional Advancement Team to raise resources for Center for Community Change and its 501 (c)(4), the Center for Community Change Action.
This position reports to: Director of Development
Salary and Benefits: $54,000 – $58,000 annual salary. CCC offers an excellent benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of vacation; paid leave between December 24 and January 1; 3% employer contribution to a 401k at time of hire and an additional 5% at six months of employment (8% employer contribution); and a choice of health insurance plans.
Closing Date of Position: Open Until Filled
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations, a resume, and a writing sample. Applications without all required documents will not be considered.
The Center for Community Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer