About CCC + CCCAction:
The Center for Community Change is committed to help build powerful and dynamic movements in diverse communities to create meaningful change. With our grassroots partners, we build the power and capacity of low‐income people and communities of color to make significant policy changes in their lives.
Our focus areas include jobs and income, immigration, affordable housing, racial justice and barriers to employment for formerly incarcerated individuals.
For a more detailed description of our sister organization, please go here for CCCAction.
The Center is seeking a Senior Media Specialist who will focus on outreach to English mainstream and ethnic media nationwide as the Center continues its work toward achieving comprehensive immigration reform. A portion of time may be spent doing work for CCC’s sister organization, CCCAction.
- Pitching and developing relationship with Spanish language media, as well as English language media.
- Writing media advisories and press releases in English and Spanish.
- Translating English materials into Spanish and translating Spanish materials into English as needed.
- Acting as a liaison at public events for press and as a spokesperson if needed.
- Conducting social media outreach via Twitter and Facebook postings. Responsible for the Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM) social media.
- A degree in Journalism, Communications or related field is a plus.
- Experience working in a Communications department: writing press releases, planning press events, developing media strategies and pitching stories.
- Top-notch writing, editing, communications and presentation skills.
- A high degree of comfort in managing multiple tasks and deadlines, and working in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to social and economic justice, collaborative processes, and the participation and leadership of low-income people and their organizations.
- Extensive knowledge of immigration and immigration reform.
- Knowledge of other key issue areas such as poverty and economic justice.
- Fluency in Spanish; including the ability to write and copy edit public materials.
This position reports to: Deputy Director of Communications
Salary & Benefits: $60,000 -$70,000; CCC offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and an excellent benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of vacation; paid leave between December 24 and January 1; 3% employer contribution to a 401k at time of hire and an additional 5% at six months of employment (8% employer contribution); and a choice of health insurance plans.
Closing Date of Position: Open Until Filled.
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations, a resume, and a writing sample. Applications without all required documents will not be considered.
The Center for Community Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer