About CCC + CCCAction
The Center for Community Change is committed to help build powerful and dynamic movements in diverse communities to create meaningful change. With our grassroots partners, we build the power and capacity of low-income people and communities of color to make significant policy changes in their lives.
Our focus areas include jobs and wages, immigration, retirement security, affordable housing, racial justice and barriers to employment for formerly incarcerated individuals.
For a more detailed description of our organization, please go here for CCCAction.
The Writing Director assists the Director of Institutional Advancement to conduct the Center’s fundraising efforts, with a particular focus on foundation fundraising, which represents the vast majority of CCC’s revenue. This includes producing a large amount of complex written materials under deadline; participating in foundation strategy development; supervising the IA writing staff; tracking deadlines; managing information and relationships; and coordinating staff efforts.
- Work with Director of Institutional Advancement, Managing Director, Executive Director and other staff to devise and implement fundraising strategies for the institution
- Play a leadership role in shaping and writing the Center’s written materials for donor audiences, including foundation grant proposals and reports, funder updates, annual reports, brochures, special projects, etc. In particular, the Writing Director will write the most challenging and complex donor materials, including many that describe a new body of work for the first time
- Supervise and provide guidance and support to Institutional Advancement writing staff, and make sure the Institutional Advancement writing team meets its deadlines and production goals
- Provide writing support and consultation to other program staff who produce written materials for funder audiences.
- As time permits, serve as a writing resource for CCC staff, including the Executive Director. Rewrite, revise, critique, edit and/or proofread materials written by CCC staff and intended for an outside audience. Engage and supervise the IA writing staff in this work
- Participate as appropriate in the Center’s Management Team and/or other staff and leadership bodies
- Strong writing and editing skills
- At least 8 years of professional experience in developing and writing fundraising materials for a variety of funding sources
- Extensive familiarity with the funding world, particularly social justice funders that invest in CCC’s program areas
- Familiarity with the social justice world and a deep understanding of CCC’s mission and issues
- Proven ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate with strong personalities
- Demonstrated commitment to CCC’s mission
Salary & Benefits: $85,000 – $90,000; CCC offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and an excellent benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of vacation; paid leave between December 24 and January 1; 403B retirement plan plus an additional 8% employer contribution to a Money Purchase Plan after six months of employment; and a choice of health insurance plans, some that are at no cost to the employee.
Closing Date of Position: Open Until Filled.
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations, a resume, and three writing samples. Applications without all required documents will not be considered.
The Center for Community Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer